Pittsburgh Experts Share How to Keep Your Home Safe From Tree Damage
Essential Tips for Seasonal Tree Care:
Many homeowners focus on tree care during the summer and fall months. But the truth is, tree care is important year-round, and with the changing seasons it’s important to be aware of possible problems that can affect trees and the property they love on. Knowing the best way to care for trees can help any homeowner keep their property safe and healthy.
Trees Can Cause Property Damage
Though some homeowners are aware of ways a tree can be dangerous to a home or cause damage, many homeowners are unaware of the myriad ways a tree can cause damage to property building, vehicles, and even threaten people. But there are some common things to be aware of when it comes to tree issues and property safety:
- Power Lines – When a tree or its branches encroach upon power lines, it may cause problems. If there’s a storm, the branches or tree could fall on the lines, leading to danger for people and property alike, as well as a loss of power.
- Branches – A large branch that’s dead, or even a healthy branch that hangs over a residence is something that should be removed as soon as possible before it can fall on lead to expensive damages
- Uprooted Tree – Most people know that if a tree has fallen, it will need to be removed. An uprooted tree cannot be salvaged. If it’s safely on the ground, it doesn’t constitute an emergency, but it will need to be removed and may require professional help.
- Leaning Tree – Similarly, if a tree is leaning, that’s a sign that something is wrong. Leaning trees, whether caused by a storm or something else, are dangerous and constitutes an emergency if they’re near a residence. They will need to be taken down or resolved before they can fall or cause damage.
- Disease – Some tree illnesses or infestations strike quickly and unexpectedly, and while many illnesses may permanently damage or kill a tree, some may be able to be resolved if the property owner acts quickly. If there are any sudden odd changes in a tree or its appearance, contact a professional to resolve the issue.
The Benefits of Tree Care
While tree emergencies can strike without warning, many issues facing trees and property owners can be resolved, or even prevented altogether with regular tree care and maintenance. Tree care doesn’t stop when the seasons change. Property owners should be prepared for tree care to span the whole year. Some things that should be done regularly include:
- Trimming and pruning – This can help limit illness, keep trees strong, encourage new growth, grow better fruit or flowers, and allow the trees to breathe better.
- Watering – Regular watering of trees will keep them healthy and happy, which will lead to better looking and healthier trees.
- Nutrients – Trees need to eat just like other organisms so adding nutrients to the soil will help trees fight off illness or infestation, keeping them sturdier and at less risk of falling.
Avoiding plant health care may seem like the easier thing to do, but ignoring the health and wellness of trees can lead to problems and dangers in the future as well as costly expenses. Plant tree health care can help avoid problems down the road and create healthier trees and better-looking properties.
Choose Experts You Can Trust
Greater Pitt Tree Service specializes in quality tree services, from tree removal, risk assessment, stump grinding, and land clearing and timber services. Serving the Pittsburgh area for over 27 years, the award-winning service offers competitive pricing for residential and commercial properties.