Providing Dedicated Service for Over 27 Years!
Meet our ISA certified Arborist
My name is Don Stout
Credentials and certifications
- I am the Certified arborist rep for Greater Pitt Tree Service and A Graduate of Colorado State University School of Urban Forestry
- I currently hold: ISA Certified Aerial Specialists, ISA Certified Tree Work, ISA Certified Arborist
- I also hold a PA Certified Pest, and Herbicide Applicator License First Aid / CPR Cert Aerial Rescue Cert Member of Penn Del ISA Chapter
I am currently working on my UPS (Certified Tree care, Safety Professional) licensing through the TCIA I have been working in the Tree Care industry since 2000.
During my carrier I have worked for Davey Tree experts, and Bartlett Tree preforming Residential and Commercial Arboriculture Duties as instructed by Management. Later in my carrier I branched out into the Utility Line Clearance industry working for Asplundh Tree Experts. While at Asplundh I was contracted by Arbor Metrics Solutions as a Transmission Right of Way Work Planner for Dominion Power in Roanoke. VA. From their I transferred to First Energy, Washington, PA as a Roving Transmission specialist and then Duquesne Light, Pittsburgh. PA as a Distribution Forester.
I am now happy to say that I have found a home with Greater Pitt Tree Service, working In my hometown and working for a family owned business that not only cares about its community, but also about its staff.
Over 25 years experience in the residential field in Allegheny County. Specializing in large difficult removals. Also trimming and pruning of large oak trees. We also offer stump grinding and property clean outs. We are a member of TCIA, which is an organization in the tree industry, primary focus is safety.
Safety classes (Attended by our climbers and groundsman)
- Safe tree felling
- Preventing struck-by’s
- Preventing electrocution (EHAP Certified)
- PPE selection
- Chainsaw safety
- Rigging techniques
- Crane safety
We offer all of our services to property management companies, boroughs and townships, construction and excavation companies, industrial business parks.
Commercial customers including
- Community Day School
- Young Scholars of Western Pennsylvania
- C&A Properties
- Delta Properties
- Franjo Construction Corporation
- R&B Contracting and Excavating
- GSL Outdoor Living
- Kamin Realty Company
- Uber ATC
- Pittsburgh Housing Authority
- Port Authority of Pittsburgh
- Bureau of Mine Safety
- Costa Construction
- Minniefield Excavating
- Zottola Construction
- A. Merante Construction
How to be an Informed Customer
- Educate yourself about basic principles of tree care.
- Check for memberships in the International Industry Association (TCIA), or the American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA).
- Ask if the company has Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
- Ask if the company has General Liability Insurance.
- Ask for references where work may have been completed before on past projects.
- Don’t always accept the lowest bid. Remember you get what you pay for.
- Examine credentials of the people working on your property and make sure they are certified to do so.
- Be careful of the door to door salesman and the ones offering bargains. Reputable companies do not have time for this type of solicitation.
- Be sure to read and sign a written contract.
- Ask questions if you are unsure about something or need clarification.