Pennsylvania tree service professionals tell their customers that trees do make a difference in home value.
Do Trees Really Increase A Home’s Value in Pittsburgh, PA?
With only a few exceptions, trees are a necessary part of just about every ecosystem. They not only provide homes and food for wildlife, but they also nourish even the most civilized of people in one way or another. Trees have been linked to many positive outcomes and have actually been shown to increase property value. This article will tell you what trees can do for you and your home.
Benefits of Trees Both On Value of Property and Quality of Life
Trees can be especially valuable in urban areas where they are more scarce. This is not only true of the monetary value of a residential property, but due to other practical concerns that are a part of any community. Positive outcomes are often linked to or associated with trees.
See the list below for details:
- Monetary Benefits: Mature trees can increase the price of a home by up to $10,000.
- Energy Benefits: Homes that are shaded by trees from wind and sun often save up to 30% on energy costs.
- Societal Benefits: Neighborhoods with trees reported having a greater sense of community and lower domestic crime rates.
- Environmental Benefits: Trees clean the air, absorbing carbon dioxide and other pollutants and producing oxygen.
- Aesthetic Benefits: Trees are lovely additions to almost any landscaping and add a focal point for gardens. They are beautiful and even in an urban area there are many different trees that can be grown.
Though these long-lived plants do take special care sometimes, they are well worth the benefits that can be reaped from their presence. They can provide a lasting reminder of special moments for generations to come.
Which Trees Raise A Home’s Value
So now your question is probably something like: which tree or trees should I plant in my yard? Is there a short list of money-making trees? For better or worse, there is nothing that points to a few specific trees that will increase property value. There are, however, pointers about the kind of trees that help property appearance and value,
there are specific trees that grow well in this area of the country:
- Trees that are healthy help with property value.
- Trees that are trimmed back away from the roof of the home are pleasing.
- Trees more than 15 feet from the home are of good value.
- The following trees grow easily in the Pittsburgh area: sugar maples, red maples, bigleaf magnolias, red oaks, and concolor firs.
Contact Your Local Arborist
The best way to discover what trees will help increase your home’s value is to consult with a knowledgeable local arborist. Tree service is about more than just tree removal; it is about tree health and creating an inviting natural space for people and trees alike. When a tree service company handles your tree health care, they may need to do tree pruning and tree risk assessment, but they also advise homeowners on landscaping and fertilizing. They care about the whole tree, not just about when and how to cut it down safely.
About Greater Pitt Tree Service
With over 27 years of experience in the Pittsburgh area, Greater Pitt Tree Service is ready to do your tree trimming, land clearing and even 24/7 emergency service. Call us today for a free estimate.