Local Pittsburgh tree service gives customers a rundown on the tools they use to perform their jobs.
Arborists are trained professionals that work out in nature. That means they need to be able to handle anything that is thrown at them. Whether that means handling cleanup from a weather disaster, maintaining ancient specimen trees, or safely removing trees that are interfering with human activity, these experts have a giant toolbox to help them complete their jobs.
While most tree owners will be content to hire their services and leave it at that, there are some people who are interested in how an arborist accomplishes their tasks. This article is meant to provide information to those who are curious about how an arborist does their job. This local tree service company provides answers about the tools that arborists commonly use.
The mechanical tools that arborists use make their jobs a lot easier. Easier jobs mean they can focus on safety and precision as well as provide a service at a reasonable cost. Some of the main pieces of equipment that allow them to do their jobs more easily are:
- Bucket Trucks: Bucket trucks are able to lift an arborist’s team member high up in the air to perform trimming on tall trees or remove larger limbs before the tree is felled.
- Lifts: Jobs that are inaccessible to the bucket trucks are usually completed using special lifts like boom lifts or cherry pickers.
- Shredders: To deal with all of the tree debris, most arborists have giant shredders that they use to turn branches into mulch. The mulch can then be hauled away and used around trees and flower beds to protect them.
- Stump Grinders: Removing stumps is a hard job to do manually. That’s why arborists use machines. Stump grinders remove stumps in a matter of minutes to complete any tree removal job.
Almost anyone can cut a tree down. But what about protecting the trees and structures around it? Safely removing trees is an important part of an arborist’s job and safety is the keyword! Not only is it important to protect everything around the tree, but it is also necessary to protect the arborist’s team. To do this, there are a number of safety devices that are used, like:
- Safety glasses
- Gloves with extra grip
- Climbing rope
- Climbing spurs
- Hard hats
- Chainsaws with kickback protection
- Blade-proof clothing like chaps
Tree Trimming and Pruning Equipment
An important aspect of any tree health care program is tree pruning and trimming. Trimming and pruning are necessary for both the health of the tree and the safety of the surrounding area. Depending on the tree or shrub, pruning may need to be done as often as annually. To keep trees growing vigorously and looking great, an arborist will use tools like:
- Hedge trimmers
- Hand pruners
- Pole saws
- Hand saws
Of all of the tools that an arborist has at their disposal, their training is the most important. When selecting a tree company, always check the credentials of the crew. A good tree service company will be certified by the ISA with the title of “arborist.” If a tree company doesn’t advertise this distinction, it’s best to find one that is.
About Greater Pitt Tree Service
Greater Pitt Tree Service is a local tree removal and service company. They have an outstanding safety record over their 27 years of service. Call (412) 867-9631 today for tree risk assessments or tree removals.